Saturday, May 22, 2010

Proud To Be An American!


Wow! What a day! This afternoon Liz, Sebastian and I were returning from a vacation in Washington D.C. and we decided to gas up in Troutville, Virginia, which has some of the lowest gas prices in Virginia at $2.49 a gallon. It was 12:23 p.m. and we decided to get a quick lunch at McDonalds and when I looked up I saw James Earl "Jimmy" Carter, Jr., our 39th President, standing before me with a chicken salad on a tray. Everyone was taking pictures and the secret service men were being very diligent.
Sebastian is a real history nut and he immediately wanted to shake President Carter's hand and get a photo. I did not approach one of my heroes, because the secret agents were looking a little intimidating to me. But Sebastian had no problems walking up President Carter's table and he politely asked if he could take his picture. Rosalynn Carter was so nice and she introduced Sebastian to the president, after asking Sebastian for his name.
My heart filled with joy when I saw President Carter and Sebastian clasp hands. This day will resonate in our hearts forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment